Hi. Sorry about the delay there. What with a vacation and launching a new home page and site template where I work things got busy. My stored Bloglines search for mentions of FRBR etc. went wonky and showed me a bunch of ancient stuff, so I probably missed some things, but I’ll catch up on what I did see over August.
First, IFLA had their annual conference in Milan. Here’s a mix of links thereform:
- FRBR Review Group Meetings
- FRBR Review Group Report of Activities 2008-2009 (40KB PDF).
- Namespace report from Gordon Dunsire. Definitely read this if you’re interested in FRBR and linked data and the Semantic Web.
- FRBR Working Group on Aggregates meeting agenda, with some material for the people there, like this table of differences of the two aggregate models I reported on at the meeting last year.
- FRBR Review Group Wiki. Password-protected.
- FRBR Information Discovery in Traditional Catalogues: The TelPlus Experience (115KB PDF), a talk by Nuno Freire, Rosa Galvão, and Margarida Lopes.
- From FRBR to FRAD: Extending the Model (261KB PDF), a talk by Glenn Patton.
- Frbrisation: Towards a Bright Future for National Bibliographies (100KB PDF), talk by Jan Pisanski, Maja Zumer, and Trond Aalberg.
- Third Edition of UNIMARC Manual: Authorities Format: Implementing Concepts from the FRAD Model and the IME ICC Statement of International Cataloguing Principles (100KB PDF), talk by Mirna Willer.